Helium is essential and cannot be substituted in the largest laboratory use. Hydrogen has been avoided in the past due to safety concerns but today it is a reliable alternative to Helium as carrier gas for gas chromatography. The benefits of using hydrogen for GC and GC / MS applications are supported by on-site hydrogen generators.
Here are the main benefits to use H2 as your carrier gas:
- Costs savings: Hydrogen as carrier gas is less expensive.
- Security in supply: hydrogen is an abundant and renewable resource
- Speed: hydrogen is faster than helium. Hydrogen has the lowest viscosity at any temperature.
- Productivity: the reduction of noise and analysis times compared to HE and N2 has a positive impact on laboratory productivity
- Less spares: Hydrogen use allows to decrease the temperature for separation, improving the column longevity
- Availability: it can be generated with water everywhere
Discover our range of Hydrogen generators
For more than 30 years LNI Swissgas has been developing premium Hydrogen generators for laboratories. LNI Swissgas H2 generators have very unique features when compared to Others and offer a real alternative to Helium Cylinders.